Get a glimpse of provincial France and discover Paris' historically rich suburb as you visit Fontainebleau Palace and Barbizon.
The Fontainebleau palace, lavishly built and furnished in Renaissance period style, was a favorite hunting residence of the French Kings. The apartments occupied by Napoleon were recently restored and are included in our tour. Barbizon has been known as an artistic center since the 19th century when Jean-François Millet and Robert-Louis Stevenson lived there.
The tour crosses the southern districts of Paris to take the Autoroute du Soleil (motorway of the sun) to Fontainebleau. We drive past the village of Barbizon, still occupied by artists and antique shops of yesteryear. Then, we cross a small section of the famous Fontainebleau forest to get to a guided visit of the castle. There will be free time to explore the palace gardens.
- A guided visit to the palace
- A drive past the Fontainebleau forest
- A short stop at Barbizon
- English, French, Spanish: Wednesday
- English, French, Italian: Saturday
- German, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese audioguides upon request
- Transport in a luxury air conditioned coach
- Services of a licensed multilingual guide
- Entrance to Fontainebleau castle
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Meals and drinks
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- It is possible to tour the castle with audio guides in German, Russian, Japanese, Chinese. Please request this at the time of booking.