Wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife... Experience the tranquility of pristine rainforest, tall tree ferns and majestic Russell Falls at Mt Field National Park.
Wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife... Experience the tranquility of a pristine rain forest, with its tall tree ferns and the majestic Russell Falls at Mt Field National Park.
- Constitution Dock
- Downtown Hobart and shopping precincts
- Travel north west skirting Mt Wellington and follow the Derwent River
- Suburbs of Glenorchy and Claremont - the home of Cadbury's
- Look for native birds along the shores of the Derwent River
- The beautiful Derwent Valley - tiny towns and agriculture
- New Norfolk - heart of the Derwent Valley
- Visit Australia's most sought after hops at the Hop Field Estate
- Experience the stillness of rainforest fern glades at Mt Field National Park
- Majestic tall tree ferns provide a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Witness the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Enjoy a sumptuous lunch at Waterfalls Cafe of fresh local Tasmanian Salmon complimented by a glass of wine
- Visit to Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere situated in the picturesque Derwent Valley.
- Get warm and friendly with a Tasmanian Devil!
- Take a guided tour of Something Wild and learn of the habits of our native animals
- Wombats, sugar gliders, koalas, platypus
- Cockatoos, echidnas, kangaroos
- Return alongside the Derwent River crossing the Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran factory.
- Entrance to Salmon Ponds
- Morning tea
- Entrance to Mt Field National Park
- Lunch (optional)
- Glass of wine
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy seats.