Discover the superb wilderness of the Coorong - its wildlife, wetlands, sand dunes and the mighty Southern Ocean.
The superb wilderness of the Coorong - wildlife, wetlands, sand dunes and the mighty Southern Ocean. This tour is an eco-cruise to discover its serenity, beauty and harshness, all of which will leave you enthralled with a timeless portrait of nature.
- Picturesque coastal seaside towns of Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga and Moana
- The McLaren Vale Wine region, its vineyards, leafy olive and almond groves and old stone wineries
- The river Port of Goolwa where the River Murray meets the lakes and sea
- The infamous Hindmarsh Island Bridge
- Board the "Spirit of the Coorong" cruise vessel
- Pass through the Barrage Lock system
- Discover the wildlife and beauty of this pristine wilderness environment
- Look for wetland birds prolific in their natural habitat
- Large flocks of native pelicans soaring, taking off, landing!
- Enjoy a delicious lunch on board the "Spirit" at the mouth of the River Murray
- Walk on the vast sand dunes and beach at the mouth of Australia's largest river - watch out for crabs!
- Walk along a boardwalk over the dunes across the Younghusband Peninsula
- Witness the vastness of the stunning Southern Ocean at the 90 mile beach
- Discover tiny settlements and historic homesteads
- Stop at historic Strathalbyn on the Angas River
- Tour through Mt Lofty Ranges dotted with small villages and spectacular views
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Coorong cruise
- Afternoon tea
- Guided walks
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat.