Journey into the New Territories and learn about the customs and traditions of the locals, many of which have been maintained through the centuries.
A journey into the New Territories gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of the locals.
Across the New Territories much of Hong Kong's rich heritage has been preserved and restored. This tour allows you to learn about the customs and traditions of the locals, many of which have been maintained through the centuries.
- Visit Chuk Lam Shim Yuen, an impressive Buddhist monastery.
- Tai Mo Shan, the highest mountain in Hong Kong, along Route Twisk. There will be a stop at Route Twisk lookout point for views of Lam Chuen Valley, Shek Kong military airport and beyond.
- Pass through Kam Tin and head to Fanling.
- Stop by at Lotus Café, located next to Fanling Golf Course, where you can have some light refreshment.
- Luen Wo Market. You'll get time to explore a multi storey wet market.
- Tung Chun Ling Ancestral Hall. See architecture dating back to 1525 when this hall was originally built in honour of the founding ancestor.
- Lo Wai (old walled village). It is the first of the five renowned walled villages in Lung Yeuk Tau, dating back to the 13th Century.
- An invite to the oldest brick house for a home visit in Lo Wai.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expense
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up
- This tour has a 4 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour is unavailable during the Lunar New Year Celebration (dates vary each year).