Go on the most comprehensive tour of the Eternal City without having to wait in line to get into Rome's most visited tourist spots. See what remains of Imperial Rome and the influence of the Renaissance on this ancient city as you travel through time on this tour. Witness its evolution from one of the earliest civilizations to the modern wonder that it is today.
Part 1 Small Group Ancient Rome Walking Tour With Skip the Line Colosseum Tickets
Take a walk through Rome's 2,000 years of history with an expert guide who'll bring the past alive. Enjoy a visit to the magnificent and massive Colosseum with skip-the-line tickets. Learn about the skills and secrets of the Romans in building this amazingly huge monument and how it was designed to allow an unruly crowd of some 50,000 spectators to enter and exit with ease.
During the tour your guide will discuss the gruesome hobbies for which the Romans are well-known for. At the ancient forum, enjoy a fascinating walking tour through the evocative ruins while learning about the history of ancient Rome, made interesting with anecdotes and stories.
Part 2 Skip the Line - Vatican Tour and Sistine Chapel for Small Groups
Enjoy an intimate and in-depth tour of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica to explore the world's most extensive collection of art.
Our expert local guide will guide you through the museum, focusing on the main works of art and dedicating just the right amount of time necessary to appreciate the stunning frescoes of the Last Judgment by Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
After introducing you to the introverted Michelangelo and discussing his intense relationship with Pope Julius II, for whom he created his most famous masterpiece, you will enjoy some free time to appreciate in silence the wonder you see in front of you.
And as you tour the famous private apartments of Pope Julius II by Raphael, learn about the rivalry between the two most famous artists working for the Pope, Michelangelo and Raphael.
Our tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel continues in the vast open spaces of St. Peter's Basilica where a treasure of precious works of art await to be discovered. We will discuss Michelangelo's stunning "Pieta" that created the desire within Pope Julius II to contact the young artist for other more important works he had in mind.
Your tour of the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel will conclude at St. Peter's Square as you admire Michelangelo's Dome and the marvelous colonnades designed by Bernini that embrace the spectators who come to witness important Papal ceremonies.
Listen to the life story of a simple fisherman who became the first Pope of Christianity - St. Peter.
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Colosseum and the Vatican
- Highly qualified English-speaking licensed guide
- Headsets for tour at the Vatican (for groups of more than 8)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 5 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 14 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in order to enter St. Mark's Basilica. Large bags are not allowed. Storage areas are also not available.
- The tour operates rain or shine.
- Some museums and attractions may be closed due to unforeseen reasons such as special ceremonies, strikes, and events out of the operator's control. On these few occasions, the tour will visit other sites. Attraction tickets are non-refundable.
- In the event that one part of the combo is cancelled, ONLY the part that did not operate is subject to reimbursement.
If you cancel a reservation, the following cancellation fees apply:
- 8 days or more: 5%
- 7 to 4 days: 50%
- 3 days or less AND no show: 100%