Enjoy a private shore excursion and day trip from Alexandria to Cairo! See the pyramids and the great Sphinx and visit the Step Pyramid in Sakkara. Then, take the camel caravan in the desert and enjoy a great lunch before returning to your cruise ship.
Head from Alexandria to Cairo, approximately three hours away. Take a panoramic tour of the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus en route to the Great Sphinx, which has the head of a pharaoh with a lion's body. This monument dates back to the time of Chephren. The tour also includes a visit to the Valley Temple, which belongs to the Pyramids of Chephren.
Upon arrival at Sakkarra, you will take a 4x4 jeep across the desert toward the Step Pyramid in Sakkarra. Then, you will be transferred to Camel Caravan in the Desert for your thirty minute camel ride to Sakkarra Country club. Enjoy lunch at Sakkarra Country Club before returning to Alexandria Port.
- Pick up and drop off at Alexandria Port
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Adventure Desert trip in the desert for about 15 minutes by 4x4 jeep
- Camel ride in the Desert for 30 minutes
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour
- Lunch at Sakkarra Country Club Restaurant
- Shopping tour in Cairo
- All taxes & service charge
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour visits the Pyramids area only. Tickets to enter the Pyramids may be purchased directly onsite.
- Pick up for those who will visit the Great Pyramid will be up to one hour earlier. Please indicate upon booking if you wish to visit the Great Pyramid.
- Italian, Spanish, German and French tour guides are available on request.
- For larger groups, please inquire.
- Pick-up times vary depending on your cruise arrival.