Visit the great pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Later, visit the Egyptian Museum and learn the ancient methods of paper-making at the Papyrus Institute.
Enjoy a panoramic view of the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren and Mykerinus en route to the Great Sphinx, which has the head of a pharaoh with a lion's body. You will also visit the Valley Temple, which belongs to the Pyramids of Chefren.
You will have lunch at a local restaurant before you head to the Egyptian Museum, which features artifacts from the Pharaonic period. The museum displays a rare collection of 5000 years of art, the largest and most precious collection of Egyptian art in the world. Over 250,000 genuine artifacts are presented, including an exhibit dedicated to Tutankhamen collection of treasure, gold and jewelry which was hidden in his tomb for over 3,500 years before the 1920s excavation. Before returning to Alexandria, you will stop at a Papyrus Institute where you will have the opportunity to shop for souvenirs.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Lunch at a local restaurant with mineral water & cup of tea or coffee during lunch
- Mineral water on board the vehicle during your tour
- Shopping tour in Cairo
- All taxes & service charge
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Italian, Spanish, German and French tour guides are available on request.
- For larger groups, please inquire.
- Pick-up times vary depending on your cruise arrival.