See the beautiful Autostrada del Sole, the Tuscan countryside through medieval towns, the lovely Emilia Romagna region, the Veneto region, world famous for its Villa of Palladio, and the Italian Alps in this 6 day tour of the North of Rome.
Tuesday ROME - ASSISI - SIENA - FLORENCE
Early morning departure for ASSISI, the mystic town of Saint Francis still surrounded by ancient walls. Visit the Basilica of Saint Francis with its early Renaissance masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. Proceed on to SIENA, the beautiful medieval city renown for the Palio. The on to FLORENCE. Dinner and overnight.
Buffet breakfast. Guided sightseeing tour of the cradle of the Renaissance. Visit the beautiful Piazza del Duomo, the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistery of St. John, the Academy of Fine Arts Gallery housing the "David" by Michelangelo, and Santa Croce, the 13th century Franciscan church with Cimabue's famous crucifix. Rest of the day at leisure for optional sightseeing or shopping. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Thursday FLORENCE - PADUA - VENICE
Buffet breakfast. Departure for Venice via PADUA, where you will visit the famous Cathedral of St. Anthony, guarded by Donatello's "Gattamelata". Continue on to VENICE, and upon arrival enjoy a guided walking tour of this unique city. You will see the Piazza and Basilica of St. Mark, the Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and the Prisons. Dinner and overnight.
Buffet breakfast. Morning tour to a glass factory in Murano, (optional shopping) by motorlaunch. Dinner and overnight.
Saturday VENICE - VERONA - LAKE COMO
Buffet breakfast. Morning departure for VERONA to see the town of Romeo and Juliet. Then continue on to COMO. Dinner and overnight.
Sunday COMO - MILAN
Buffet breakfast. Departure for MILAN and end of the tour at Central Railway station. (Transfer to Airport or hotel in Milan not included)
- Siena: View of Piazza del Campo and the Municipal Palace
- Assisi: View of the Churches of St. Francis and St. Claire
- Florence: Visit of the Accademia, home of Michelangelo's "David"
- Padua: See Donatello's masterpiece, the "Gattamelata"
- Venice: Visit the famous Square of St. Mark and the Bridge of Sighs
- Verona: the town of Romeo and Juliet
- Lake of Como: famous for villas and mountain scenery
SCENIC DRIVES ALONG THE WAY
- The Tuscan countryside through medieval towns
- The lovely Emilia Romagna region
- The Veneto region, world famous for its Villa of Palladio
- The Italian Alps
- Accommodation at 4 Star hotels with down-town location
- Buffet breakfast daily
- Five dinners
- Service charges and taxes
- Ground transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- Assistance during the tour
- Sightseeing tours as indicated in the itinerary
- Local guides and entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Florence: Adriatico or similar
- Venice: Bonvecchiati, Principe or similar
- Como: Grand Hotel Como or similar
- Tour Operator reserves the right to provide hotels of similar category if the circumstances make it necessary, at no additional cost or refund.
- Child rates apply for one child sharing the same room with 2 adults in double accommodations. Date of birth must be advised at the moment of booking.
- Booked hotels are not available before 12 noon.
- Tours are multilingual: English, French and Spanish.
- Passengers are allowed to carry maximum one piece of luggage per person on the tours.