Visit the Royal Grand Palace, the nation's landmark and the most praised royal monument in Thailand.
The Grand Palace is the most important of all Thai monuments and should be the top one must-see item on your list. You can't say that you have visited Thailand without seeing it! The Palace was the residence of the early Chakri dynasty Kings and was built some 210 years ago.
Within the extensive Palace grounds is the most sacred and most important of all Thai temples, the Wat Phra Kaew. This temple contains the most revered Buddha image in the country, the Emerald Buddha, and is made from one solid piece of translucent green jade.
To round off the tour, you'll call in at a local lapidary factory and showroom where you may get locally made jewelry, handicrafts and silk at competitive prices.
- Pick up from Bangkok city center hotels
- Sightseeing tour
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Proper attire is required when visiting revered sites. Shirts must cover the shoulders and skirt length must be below the knees.
- Exact pick up time will be confirmed by leaving a message through the hotel reception.
- The Grand Palace is closed during special royal ceremonies and during visits from heads of state.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.